I've added demo docker stack my github. For this stack I've set my memory allocation for Docker to 8gb because ElasticSearch is using a significant amount of memory. Initially I had it set to 2gb but ElasticSearch does not even start! You can try 4gb first and see.
Anyway, included in the stack are the ff.:
- ElasticSearch 5.6.1 (official one with xpack disabled)
- Kibana 5.6.1 (disabled xpack and created a custom image)
- Sample SpringBoot microservice
- MongoDB - latest
- Portainer - latest
I had to build a custom docker image of Kibana based on the official one due to this bug. The workaround was to remove xpack to disable authentication. I tried to add this for Kibana but it didn't work. It did work for ElasticSearch though.
Just do a
docker pull melvindave/kibana if you want to try it out. Otherwise, you can use the docker compose definition.
You can copy the updated compose file from my github repo.
Subscribe to Melvin Vivas
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox